Thursday, February 2, 2017

Playing with Spirals

I enjoyed making Vector Analysis so much that I decided to play with the basic spiral from Tomoko Fuse's book and see what kinds of variations I could create. I also wanted to make some spirals from large sheets of paper. Here are some of the results.

Enjoy!

-Gina



Many spirals folded on graph paper. The straight lines make folding easier and the paper is inexpensive as a test surface.

Notes on variations of the trapezoid spiral.

Good quality, thin Japanese paper ~ 24 x 36 inches being forded.

The paper was so large and thin that I had to fold differently than for the small 8 x 12 samples.



The finished spiral. I invented the turn in that gives it a leaf shape at the top of the picture. It was a happy accident. The finished spiral is 11 x 12 inches.

4 comments:

  1. Espectacular, me encantΓ³ πŸ’•πŸ’žπŸ’–πŸ’

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooow you are very talented. i want to try but i cant read the paper if you share with me i will so happy i want to do for my lesson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete