Saturday, October 22, 2016

Four Corner Map Fold

I was reviewing my folder of prototypes the other day and came across a structure I created a few months ago and forgot about. I am making some samples for a friend and thought this one would be interesting to share. Instead of just sharing with her I decided to share it with all of you as well.
Below are pictures of the structure being folded as well as the crease pattern for folding it yourself. One piece of advice, fold before making the 8 cuts. It is easier that way.

Enjoy!

Diagonal and linear folds completed.

Collapsed model ready to fold in the corners.

Folding the corners to prepare to inside reverse fold them.

Beginning to collapse the model with all the folds present.
(Outside of model)

Inside of model with all the folds properly creased.

One way of displaying the piece.
 I like the way the four inside corners form the star in the center.

Folding the model closed.

Crease pattern for this structure.

1 comment:

  1. I note that some company has printed and folds a map using your fold. Are you willing to tell what/where/who that company is? Be interested in ordering some . . .

    ReplyDelete