Saturday, September 24, 2016

A Lifetime of Collecting

I don't know about you, but I have been a collector all my life. I remember finding shells and crystals at Lake Ontario with friends as a child. Whenever I am near a beach I still like to look for rocks, shells and sea glass. I even found someone's class ring at the beach once. My hands can't help but pick up interesting bits and pieces. I bring them home, wash and sort them and display them around the house. I have even written poems about collecting. Here is a glimpse at some of my collections.

I hope you treasure your collections too.

-Gina

Crystals from Lake Ontario and the 1970's box they have lived in ever since.

I converted an old watch crystal case into a hub for my various collections. 





Sea glass from my travels displayed in old glass jars.

Glass, pottery and coral from a recent trip to Scotland.


A Poem on Collecting:

Butterflies rest on the rim of a sink
Static blue shells washed free of sand
Ready to fly at the stir of a breeze
They beg for collection in a child's small hand.




No comments:

Post a Comment