Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Tiny Book Necklaces

Tiny origami crane book measuring 1 x 3/4 inches. Folded from tracing paper colored with alcohol inks.



I started making book necklaces back in 2004 when I was working at a craft fair and wanted something to do during down time. I made hardcover, maze fold books like the one below and sold them at the fair. Later I made coordinating books and boxes to sell as well. 








I decided to make some new mini book necklaces to wear each day of FOBA.  I got to work last month and made the books shown below. They are each approximately 1 inch tall and 3/4 inch wide. The crane book at the top of this post is my favorite and the hardest one to make.  I got lots of positive comments on the necklaces at Focus on Book Arts and I hope you like them too.


Envelope fold pocket book with glassine covers.


Inside of this book showing pockets with handmade marble paper inside.



Hedi Kyle Blizzard fold book made from vintage map.



Map book open.









2 comments:

  1. These are charming. Especially like the blizzard fold map. Are they for sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They are for sale. $35 for just the book or $75 if you want the 10k -14k gold chain with them.

      Delete