Thursday, July 16, 2015

Teaching the Pocket Book Structure

I recently taught my version of Hedi Kyle's Pocket Book structure to members of Puget Sound Book Arts and San Diego Book Arts. I designed this method of folding a pocket book after seeing a picture of Hedi Kyle's structure on Pinterest. Participants learned how to fold the structure from a long sheet of paper and then create a cover using cardstock weight paper. We had a great time in each class and I really enjoyed teaching this versatile book form.

Here are some pictures from the classes and a link here for my blog post showing step by step photographs of how to fold this structure so you can try it too. Enjoy!
-Gina


Pocket Book Sample


Students in my Puget Sound Book Arts class in April


Finished pocket book.






Pocket Book class with San Diego Book Arts students.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, it is nice post about “Teaching the Pocket Book Structure”, which is great. I really like your post and blog as well. Thanks for share with us nice information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate the comments.

      Delete