Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Wednesday Post #15: Origami and Kumi Korf workshops

I have been very busy the last two weekends making paper art. First, the San Diego Origami Club met and we learned to make this wonderful box structure. Last weekend I participated in two Kumi Korf workshops. The first workshop was a whirlwind of 5 book/box structures. The second was a kinetic book structure that is housed in a lovely box. I am still finishing up the second workshop projects, but it was a wonderful weekend and my head is now swimming with ideas. Below are some pictures of what I made as well as the diagram I created for the origami box structure. I hope you enjoy.

-Gina


Origami Box


Instructions for the folded box

Kumi Korf Workshop book

Another Kumi Korf workshop structure.

The outside of this structure.

"Hole in My Heart" structure. I still need to cover the top and bottom sections with decorative paper.

Configuration 1 of the above structure. Slots will house small books.

Configuration 2 of the above structure. I can't wait to finish.


I would like to thank Kumi for sharing her talents, humor and amazing structures with the participants of this San Diego Book Arts workshop.

5 comments:

  1. Gina, I love a couple of these structures. You might have to teach me how to do one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be happy to teach you any or all of these structures. Glad you like what you see. We had a great teacher!

      Delete
  2. Gina do you happen to know who designed the Origami box structure that you made the diagrams for? Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, but I don't know who created the box. I learned it in my origami group.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete